About theShakespeareProject

About theShakespeareProjectLLC

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Bard Blog; or, Gedaly, where are you?

In my opinion, one of the best educational blogs about Shakespeare on the net, and one of my favorites, "The Bard Blog" has ceased to function for almost a year now. One could always count on The Bard Blog for its concentration on important, enlightening aspects on understanding Shakespeare, relevant and timely books, articles, and seminal postings getting to the heart of the matter of interpreting the Bard.

The blogs owner and proprietor, Gedaly, known for his enthusiastic promotion of textual analysis via the performance aspects of Shakespeare's work, last posted Feb. of last year. I've been dropping by every so often anticipating his return but, no Gedaly. In fact, the post that is to follow this one was inspired by Gedaly's review of Shakespeare's Advice to the Players by Sir Peter Hall, an extremely important book on the Form embedded in the text which Shakespeare used to instruct his actors.

Here's hoping Gedaly's okay, has just been too busy acting and directing, and will soon return. I would advise anyone interested in learning more about Shakespeare to click on the links above for The Bard Blog. Thumb through some of the topics. You're in for a wealth of information. JM

2 comments:

  1. Hi JM! I'm not dead. Duane sent me a link to this post today, I thought I'd check in and let the blogosphere know I'm alive.

    Thanks for the kind words about the blog. I miss it, as well as staying connected with other Shakespearians. Various job changes, moves, as well as starting an managing a theatre company have kept me pretty busy lately and as a result I neglected to schedule time for blogging.

    I've been meaning to start up again for a long time. Since now I know that someone misses me, I'm motivated to get back to it sooner rather than later. Stay tuned, and thanks again.

    Best,
    Gedaly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gedaly!

    Glad I guessed correctly as to your whereabouts. Looking forward to your return.
    Cheers, JM

    PS Thanks to Duane, aka shakespearegeek, for making the connection.

    ReplyDelete